Face down, nine-edge first (wherein all is revealed)

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Tue May 9 09:49:17 UTC 2000

=> 5/8/00 10:58:45 PM EDT, arning at charm.net =>
<< Now who wants to do the 1401 emulator? >>

I realized after I sent the mail that there had to be more combinations on
the old keypunch. I started to visualize the character set of ancient Fortran
II and Fortran IV (7090) and recalled that there was most of the current
special character set used (such as in Squeak).

What's next, a 1401 port of Squeak? :-) I do recall a Fortran processor for
the 1401 that was an incredible dog -- slowest thing you've ever seen in your
life, floating-point calculations absolutely brought it to its knees (and you
to weeping).

Jerry.