Celeste design (was Re: [ENH] Celeste attachments/displaying a thingie)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Wed May 3 07:12:04 UTC 2000

On Tue, 2 May 2000 danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:

> What other net protocols use the MIME format?

HTTP, for example. Both, request and response, use a header/body
structure. There are MIME types assigned for form contents, file upload
etc.

> About the missing -- (separator suffix) bug -
> I'm slightly shamed to say that was pure sloppiness - I knew that detail
> but assumed MIME parser couldn't seriously care past the last part (ours
> doesn't... <g>). Well, seeing as I got caught, I'll have to correct
> that.

My email reader displays an empty trailing MIME part - that's how I
noticed it. The point of the distinguished last boundary is that it's
necessary for nesting and that some MTAs add lines at the end of the
message, which should not get displayed in a MIME aware mail tool.

  -Bert-