[ENH] Splash screen

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu May 18 16:16:47 UTC 2000

> On Tue, 16 May 2000, Stephen T. Pope wrote:

> > a) How can I get the start-up animation to hook in to the VM so the
> > user's screen simply fades, rather than flashing a small window, then
> > the default-sized window, then the fade. It'd be nice for Squeak to come
> > up full-screen by default and to "fade" in and out.
One part of this could be done by adopting the changed semantics of
beDisplay that I use on the Acorn; the window is not created
until/unless that prim is called. This means that you can create the
Display form, draw whatever you want on it and then 'beDisplay' and get
the initial view to be whatever you want. I originally did it that way
to avoid the ugly blank screen effect and realised it was rather useful
for headless images.

tim

Useful random insult:- Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if he were standing inside.