Repository (was Re: Freshmeat for Squeak)

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri May 5 16:52:29 UTC 2000

Hey, Squeakers, we're the object people, remember? ;-)

A swiki page is just one way that a bunch of objects can put up a
show...

I suggest we try to think what sort of objects we'd like to be playing
with, and how we would like to play with them, and take it from there.

For categorization, for example, I rather like the way Celeste handles
mail sorting - user written code scraps can be very effective filters.
If today I can write "m particitpantHas: 'bob'" then any user should be
to write something like "((cs authorHas: 'bob') and: [cs classesHas:
'browser']) and: [(Smalltalk changesets hasAny: [:c | c supersedes: cs])
not]". Checking whether a changeset was  merged into the image would
mean that the updates would have to remember somehow the names of the
original change set someone posted on the list.

What objects should we have, other than changesets?