[BUG] DSA failure in LargePositiveInteger in #new: <primitive: 71>

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Tue May 30 18:57:08 UTC 2000

=> 5/30/00 1:57:19 PM EDT, sr at evolgo.de =>
<< I think I have found a possible location of the problem. There is a subtle
difference in the semantics with or without the LargeIntegers module.>>

With the detailed comments of values at the time of failure in my last
E-mail, I have to admit I am at my limit with knowledge of complex (sic)
arithmetic. I have done CRC algorithms and played around with Signature
stuff, and I know how long it takes to acquire an understanding of what is
actually going on inside of one of these things (and I know that I don't have
that much understanding of this situation).

<>

Since you are not in a position to run DSA, and I am not in a position to
create the right 'testus agonistus', can I offer myself up as a tester.
Please let me know what tests and result content and formats you want, and
I'll try to get them to you.

I suppose we should take this off-line from the mailing list with all these
(massive) cryptic numeric results. I would like to drag in whoever is
responsible for DSA code (is it John Maloney?) for the knowledge that s/he
may provide, and also ask Bob Arning if he is interested in participating in
tracking this down?

DSA programmer?
Bob?
Anyone else?

Cheers,
Jerry.

Jerry L. Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated

"Knowledge is something that you can use,
 Belief is something that uses you."
    Idries Shah