DSA changes open for comment

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed May 31 19:59:37 UTC 2000

On Wed, 31 May 2000 14:56:21 EDT JArchibald at aol.com wrote:
><< Note: if you have a DSA plugin for your platform, but do NOT have the
>LargeIntegers plugin, then you probably do not want to use this. >>
>
>Bob,
>
>I don't think this is quite correct, Bob. If you have the latest VM, at least
>on Windows, you have the LargeIntegers code even without a LargeIntegers
>plug-in. I haven't checked the latest VM that Dan posted, but I think that
>it's probably true for that one, alse.

Jerry,

What I was trying to say was that if you do NOT have the LargeIntegers plugin compiled C code (either as a separate shared library/DLL/.so OR bound into the VM), then the second of these changesets may dramatically slow down DSA execution. It was not my impresssion that any of the regularly available VMs currently have the LargeIntegers plugin internally, although that is certainly a possibility with the new plugin architecture.

Cheers,
Bob