[OT] Hacker poetry (was: Freshmeat for Squeak)

nygren at sics.se nygren at sics.se
Mon May 8 17:29:28 UTC 2000

I worked at SPP (a swedish insurance company) in the 80ies, this is hearsay but I believe it
to be true:

In the fifties or early sixities, a major reorganisation of the database was necessary.
This was beyond the capacity of their biggest computer. Solution:
Output all data on cards, load all the cards on an airplane, fly it to Paris, run the conversion
on a "very big" computer there, output it on cards, fly back the new card-deck

/Mats Nygren