Virtual memory error (2.7 on Windows/CE)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue May 16 01:20:31 UTC 2000

"Raab, Andreas" wrote:

> I'm not quite sure if this answer will actually help you but it's the case
> that there's some problem with the serial port access on MIPS. It turns out
> that MIPS doesn't quite like unaligned accesses and (for some strange
> reason) the serial port stuff causes an unaligned access (triggering an
> exception which is not quite handled the right way). I've fixed that problem
> in the support code (some time ago) but I'm not quite sure if the
> precompiled VMs actually contain the fix. I'll check it out.

Well, I just set up a Visual C++ 6.0/WinCE TK environment. I tried to
compile the stuff from your website, but am running into problems.

I may have more information on these problems in a day or so, but I'm
tight on time and may not get back to compiling until June 5 or so.

If you have precompiled VM's that work with serial ports, that would be
great, as I have to get some serial test code working soon.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com