[BUG] DSA failure in LargePositiveInteger in #new: <primitive: 71>

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Tue May 30 18:47:09 UTC 2000

Bob Arning wrote:

> On Tue, 30 May 2000 19:48:22 +0200 Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> wrote:
> >So I would dig deeper first into
> >DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>remainder:mod: to find the error.
> >

> >Hope this helps,
> >
> >Stephan
> >
> >P.S.: I don't have the DSA module ready to run here, but I'm very
> >interested in every possible bug of the LargeIntegersPlugin: So I've
> >taken a look into it and explained my assumptions (which could be
> >wrong...).
>
> DSA is explicitly creating "short" LargeIntegers as well as not-exactly-normalized LargeIntegers with leading zeros. I don't know just how critical these techniques are for correctness

Very critical! As we currently see...

> or speed.

It would be interesting to implement the DSA algorithm in plain ST by
using - indirectly by arithmetic operations - the LargeIntegers module
and *not* using the DSA module. Then to compare the speed of this
implementation with - an older running - DSA module using
implementation.

Greetings,

Stephan

--