a small bridge

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sun May 21 20:48:33 UTC 2000

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 08:45:31PM +0000, mats nygren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have learned enough now to (partially) fill in this gap. Hope you like it. It doesnt always work at present but often
> enough to be useful.

I like the idea of building bridges to the source.

Here are some comments:

MenuMorph>>invokeItem:event: doesn't seem to be the right place for this.
A better place would be MenuItemMorph>>mouseDown , but there we have

   evt shiftPressed ifTrue: [^ super mouseDown: evt].  "enable label editing"

so shift-click is allready used...

Maybe this could be added to the halo menu? The debug halo menu allready has
"Browse class".

debuggingMenuFor: aHandMorph
	| aMenu |
	aMenu _ super debuggingMenuFor: aHandMorph.
	aMenu addLine.
	aMenu add:  'Browse target' target: self action: #browseTarget.
	^ aMenu

browseTarget
	Preferences browseToolClass
			newOnClass: self target class selector: self selector.

Changeset is attached...

       Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de phone at home:(0721)6649375 @work:(0721)6082749