Freshmeat for Squeak

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Thu May 4 15:48:42 UTC 2000

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Karl Ramberg wrote:

> I don't know if this is an appropriate way of doing stuff but just to
> test stuff I added my own enhancement to the All Projects page. I
> posted this enhancement yesterday with the [ENH] in the subject line
> and it was stored on the swiki.gsug.org:8080/SQFIXES/ automaticly. The
> filter on that swiki stores postings with the same subject line in a
> collection so one can see several versions of the same enhancement.

Exactly. It's only a mail archive, after all.

> This is a poor mans Freshmeat and I don't know what Bert Freudenberg
> thinks of it. It also means all additions to the archive will be on
> the mailing list.
>
> What do you guys think ?
> Bert ?

Well, the sqfixes archive is more like a fallback position so hopefully
nothing important gets lost. I would not encourage using it as a long-term
code repository. It's better to upload as attachment to the squeak wiki.

Note that you should refer to the archive as http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes
(without the 8080 port definition) because the port is likely to change in
the future. The browser is automatically redirected. Also, message id's
aren't really fixed, so it is better to say "see my message from
<date> with subject <subject> at sqfixes".

-- Bert