'Unknown' attachment -- what is the origin?

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Thu May 25 13:17:44 UTC 2000

=> 5/25/00 8:41:56 AM, arning at charm.net =>
<< This one was fine with me. Try dropping the file on Stuffit Expander and
you should be able to see the contents (it's gzipped). >>

Bob,

Thanks. With both StuffIt Expander on the Mac and Aladdin Expander on Windows
nothing seems to happen. They just sort of burp and give a message about the
file being in the wrong format. Nothing is generated. And the Windows Aladdin
Expander is so good that I have never seen it fail on any digestible file
before (no matter what its source).

I assume that the AOL mailer processing has somehow lacked the knowledge of
how to process these attachments, and then generated an incorrect binary as
the file downloaded as a result. The question I have is what is the nature of
the original that it causes this situation?

Still have to check archives. BTW, what does eekMail do with attachments?

Thanks again,
Jerry.