flaps for first-look users

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Mon May 29 06:47:56 UTC 2000

I agree that the flaps should not pop-out-on-mouseover by default, since
first-time users probably won't be in full-screen mode.  (Even in
full-screen mode, I tend to prefer clicking on the flaps.)  I would still
probably include the menu flap, which can be informative for beginners.

Opening flaps on dragover (but not mouseover) seems reasonable to
me... this will be much less likely to cause accidental flap-opening than
stray mouseovers.  (I could go either way on this point.)

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net