Help with Multilingualized Squeak (was: Re: Celeste withGerman Umlaute)

Kazuhiro ABE pg3k-ab at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Nov 2 04:22:01 UTC 2000

Hello, Bernhard

I took charge of the part of Celeste in M17n Squeak(CelesteJ). CelesteJ
is supporting only Japanese now.  I think that the current status of
CelesteJ is pre-alpha.

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:29:30 +0100
Bernhard Pieber <pieber at acm.org> wrote:
> I then tried to receive mail with Umlaute which I composed in Outlook
> Express. Multilingualized Squeak showed Umlaute in the message text
> correctly! However, it did not show Umlaute in a message subject. I got
> '=?iso-8859-1?B?dGVzdCDk9vzE1tzf?=' instead.

Sorry, CelesteJ does not support MIME header encoding now. I plan to
make CelesteJ correspond to it.

> A second problem is that I cannot compose a mail using Umlaute because when
> I press a key the wrong glyph is shown.

M17n Squeak remaps glyphs of a StrikeFont(NewYork) from Sqeuak specific
(MacRoman) to ISO-8895-1. But the keycode that returned from
InputSensor>>primKbdPeek and primKbdPeek is MacRoman.

> What would have to be done to fix those problems? Do I need a different font
> with the right encoding? Or should the problem be fixed somewhere else, in
> ParagraphEditor or InputSensor? You see, I am not sure what the right design
> is here. As always, any help is appreciated.

Please try the attached patch.
The patch converts the keycord from MacRoman to ISO-8895-1.

--
Kazuhiro Abe
abee.abe at nifty.ne.jp