Big request: MPW Compatibility

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Sat Nov 11 06:29:42 UTC 2000

Now that we have a serious incentive to do so, can we at last change
the sources so they can compile, perhaps with switches, on MPW?  I
recall doing this at least once in the past, but alas, the efforts
made there were obsoleted by a fast-changing code-base that did not
adopt my MPW-friendly #ifdefs.

On at least three occasions during my tenure as a Squeak outpost,
various technical efforts and extended colloquys on this listserv
addressed how to compile on MPW.  Even now, Ian thanks Marcus for
helping out.  Given that MPW appears the only good free devleopment
environment on MacOS, shouldn't this be as close to automatic as we
can make it?