noviceMode no good for novice

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Sat Nov 25 15:25:48 UTC 2000

At 10:48 23.11.2000 +0100, Jon Kleiser wrote:
>I just discovered the reason why the World menu was no longer popping
>up when I clicked the background, like it initially did in my Morphic
>project. The reason was I had turned noviceMode ON in the prefs. I've
>now turned noviceMode OFF ;-) What are actually the "benefits" of
>noviceMode? The balloon don't say much ...

Let's use the source then:  The preferences correspond to messages that are
sent to the Preferences class.  Just pop up a MethodFinder, enter novice
and it finds #noviceMode.  Browse its senders, and you'll find all the places.

(In my 2.9a2915 however, the novice mode did not affect world menu
popup.  It did however remove the debug submenu from the WorldMorph menu,
cf. Morph>>addCustomMenuItems:hand:)

HTH,
Helge