Update to mpeg player (smalltalk, source code, plugin)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Nov 19 05:26:39 UTC 2000

A good week ago I started to gather input from others as they build
linux and windows versions of the plugins. I consolidated all this
and decided today to submit it back to the list. Things aren't quite
"out of the box" ready so to speak, but almost.

Incorporated changes to make the mpeg code compile on Linux,
macintosh, and Windows. More work is still pending.

For the Smalltalk code we changed the follow:

Added logic to set the color model based on endiness
Changed C define names to better match what we are doing
Reworked accessors for all Mpegfile attributes for accessibility in
the MpegPlayer
Added accessors for more instance variables
Added logic to set sound volume
Fiddled with delay logic once again
Will drop more than 3 frames if video is too slow
Rewrote logic that dealt with frame forward/backwards logic
Added suggestions to play full screen if desired
Added sanity checks to the C code

Thanks to:
Bert Freudenberg
Lex Spoon
Stephen Pair
Karl Ramberg
Douglas Brebner
(hope I didn't miss anyone)

Please refer to my mpeg page
http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/mpeg3source.html

Remember you'll need the new macintosh plugin, the change set and the
mpeg morphic player change set. Hopefully I've not broken too many
things (heh heh).
Remember to feedback any issues

Thanks.
Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6