Costuming Morphs with Flash Characters

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Nov 6 21:06:41 UTC 2000

broccole at panix.com wrote:

> One missing link is creating a compressed flash shape from the morph
> shape. I do not understand the Balloon engine and more generally the
> process by which Morphs are rendered. Can someone point me to a basic
> description of the rendering process to give me some direction when
> looking at the code. Again, I think the goal is just to get the morph
> shape and then convert it to a compressed flash shape.

Well, Morphs draw themselves on a Canvas. They're responsible for
that (look at Morph>>drawOn:).

Most of the time, the Canvas will be a FormCanvas, which has a Form,
which has a bitmap.

If you make your own FormCanvas, you can get a Morph to draw itself on
that canvas, and then do what you want with the bitmap.

Or you could make a Canvas subclass that understands the various drawing
messages (see PostscriptCanvas for an example of that).

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com