4 questions and bugs

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Mon Nov 13 08:50:11 UTC 2000

Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:

> * If I drag a morph, the hardware mouse cursor (the black one with the tiny
> white border) is replaced with a software cursor, isn't it?  This doesn't
> work.

I think what actually happens is that the hardware cursor is still shown,
but since you add submorphs to the HandMorph, its own Form ("Cursor
<whatever>")is explicitly drawn also (this is suppressed when the hand is
holding nothing, since the hw cursor makes it redundant.)

> Additional to the new software cursor, a hardware cursor looking like
> =====
> ^

> is shown.  Actually, you can see this cursor also if you evaluate "Cursor
> blank show".  If you however evaluate "Cursor blank display" you really see
> the blank curor.  Is this a VM bug?  Something really strange happens
> here.

This indicates that "Cursor blank" now points to the wrong Form (that of the
vertical resize Cursor), and this is what you see when dragging something.

> Testing all available cursor shapes, I also don't get a "Cursor up
> show".  This is the same as Cursor down.

Also this one points to the wrong Form it would seem, then.

Sorry I can't test this myself since I'm on a Mac.

Henrik