Apology

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Nov 1 02:35:52 UTC 2000

Richard,

Sorry for the confusion. The 2.8 image I used was one that has some other stuff filed in. I tried a clean 2.8 and, indeed, the bug is there. FWIW, it is fixed in 2.9 and, if you so desire, you can update your 2.8 SimpleHierarchicalListMorph>>selection: with the following
========
selection: item
	"Called from outside to request setting a new selection.
	Assumes scroller submorphs is exactly our list.
	Note: MAY NOT work right if list includes repeated items"

	| i |
	item ifNil: [^self selectionIndex: 0].
	i _ scroller submorphs findFirst: [:m | m complexContents == item].
	i > 0 ifTrue: [^self selectionIndex: i].
	i _ scroller submorphs findFirst: [:m | m withoutListWrapper = item withoutListWrapper].
	self selectionIndex: i
=====

Cheers,
Bob