more Helio benchmark numbers (was RE: Interesting new target with Palm OS)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Nov 5 22:03:58 UTC 2000

Jay Carlson wrote:

> I'd go back and compare to the swiki benchmark numbers but
> minnow is down again.  (Is there some way I can help with minnow stability?
> Donate hardware? Colocation?)

Probably the most helpful thing someone could do at this point would be
to host a read-only mirror of the swiki, updated nightly or so.  I would
offer but I don't have a 24/7 server handy. :)

I've played around with some freeware mirroring software on Windows
which works pretty well.  (I have a 2-week-old mirror of the Swiki
sitting on my hard drive which comes in handy on occasion.)  I'm sure
there are similar mirroring utilities available on Unix/Linux/Mac.  Or,
one could write shell scripts to do this (or maybe a Squeak script)...

(I wonder if minnow is less stable lately because it handles a lot more
traffic than it used to in the early days?)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com