MPEG (libmpeg3 code) relicense

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Nov 3 07:24:20 UTC 2000

Ok, well I was going to wait until I had the headers etc changed but
since the windows DLL is out I'm please to announce that we've
re-licenced the libMPEG3 code with the following licence:

I hereby grant and jointly license my software,
________libMPEG3_________, under the terms of either the GNU Lesser
General Public License, also known as the "LGPL", or the Squeak
License set forth below, at the option of the licensee or any
sublicensees. Thus, my software may be reproduced, distributed and
derivative works made there from pursuant to the terms of either:

	a) the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free
	Software Foundation; either version 2.1, or (at your option) any
	later version; or

	b) the Squeak License; either as published on
	http://www.squeak.org/license.html, as of the date of this license,
	or (at your option) any later version.

My software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See either the
GNU Lesser General Public License or the Squeak License.

_______signed...____________

Adam Williams

This of course means people who have reservations about using the
MPEG DLL as a GPL item can now sleep easier.

I'm going to change the headers to reflect the new licensing, where
to get a copy of the re-license letter, and integrate the Windows
changes etc, this should take place in a few days and I'll let
everyone know once it's done so you all can retrieve the correctly
licensed source and DLL's

PS I've also a few changes to make to the smalltalk code in the area
of player controls...
Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6