Code Simulation Error during debugging

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Wed Nov 1 01:10:11 UTC 2000

"Larry Kellogg" <lkellogg at soliloquy.com> wrote...
>  I have been playing around with Squeak (2.7 and 2.9) and I seem to run
>into Code Simulation errors while trying to debug things. It seems to happen
>quite frequently. I'm on a Windows NT machine. I don't think I was doing
>anything too radical, just trying to step into or over code. Any ideas?

There are several of good reasons to move from the current simulating stepper to a process-faithful stepper (as some respondents suggested), but it won't happen until it's on the top of our stack, or someone else comes forward with a complete solution.

Meanwhile, if folks can be specific about something fairly simple that fails, there is a reasonable chance that we could fix it.  There are lots of good reasons to have a complete and reliable simulating stepper.

	- Dan