Yet another Squeak book (coming April 2001)

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 27 20:00:51 UTC 2000

The Mark & Kim book is the edited volume which was assembled at
http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/squeakbook and which I spend my days and
nights formatting, indexing, etc. these days.  (I'm trying to beat a
Dec. 1 deadline, which is already extended beyond the Nov. 1 deadline
that I missed -- I'm putting everything into LaTeX with a lovely
style by Ian, so it'll look good when it finally comes out.)

The Mark book is the textbook I wrote, which hasn't come out yet.
It's still expected Dec. 21.

Thanks for the support of all the ordering!

Mark

>All the info amazon has is below, maybe Mark or Kim can comment?
>
>Squeak : Open Personal Computing and Multimedia
>by Mark Guzdial, Kimberly Rose
>
>Our Price: $26.25
>
>This item will be published in April 2001. You may order it now and
>we will ship it to you when it arrives.
>Paperback (April 2001)
>Prentice Hall; ISBN: 0130280917
>Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,271,489
>
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130280917/corporatsmalltal
>

>Perhaps it's a bit early to order, but we might as well let the
>publisher know that there *is* interest in Squeak/Smalltalk books,
>so order away...
>
>I had ordered the first book
>Squeak: Object-Oriented Design with Multimedia Applications
>by Mark Guzdial
>Paperback - 336 pages 1 edition (December 21, 2000)
>Prentice Hall; ISBN: 0130280283
>
>But I'm back ordered now til Dec 21st, I guess they didn't print
>enough first time around and if I recall correctly we managed to get
>the book into the top 1000 technical books for a few days due to the
>orders we queued up.
>--
>--
>John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> 1-800-477-2659
>Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com
>Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
>PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
>Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu