[GOODIE] Mpeg3Plugin.so for Linux

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Tue Nov 7 03:21:57 UTC 2000

> > Also, in looking closer at the video using the windows dll, it
> looks like
> > there is a problem with endianness...
>
> I did not yet see another endianness problem (besides the color
> issue). What's wrong?
>
> -- Bert

The bits are inverted horizontally in 2 pixel chunks...for example, the
following pattern:

ABCDEFGH

would be rendered as:

BADCFEHG

which creates a neat little jaggies effect...since this is only happening in
16bit color, I believe that the first 16 bits and the second 16 bits are
reversed...within each pixel, the colors seem to be formatted correctly.  32
bit color works fine using color mode 1.  I've looked at other color modes,
but none seem to fix the problem...could be that a new mode will be needed
in the plugin.  I wonder why this happens on Wintel but not Lintel systems?

- Stephen