2.8 Update candidates

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Sun Nov 12 22:22:22 UTC 2000

At 11:58 AM -0800 11/12/00, Dan Ingalls wrote:
>Folks -
>
>In parallel with Stefan's culling of recent updates (for which, many
>thanks), a while ago, Henrik made a recommendation of updates to be
>added to the 2.8 list (I was swampled and have only now gotten
>around to this).  Since we are deeply into more changes for 2.9 (a
>complete rewrite by Andreas of morphic alignment), I think it makes
>sense to update 2.8, as it will likely remain the standard Squeak
>release through the end of the year.

Squeak is fairly robust already, and folks are otherwise free to test
2.9 as they like.  I might suggest that taking arbitrary updates out
of order may be a recipe for disaster and confusion.  Don't worry too
much about minor repairs in 2.8, lest we end up with multiple
"stable" versions, a 2.8 that works, a patched one that has other
problems, and so forth.

Just get 2.9 done when you can.

We can wait.