Code Simulation Error during debugging

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Wed Nov 1 10:12:47 UTC 2000

Henrik,

> A simple one would be to release the final Exceptions code as
> an update, and issue new VMs.

One reason why we're a bit hesitant to do this is that we are SOOOOOOO close
to having a J3 for everyone to play with - as of today, j3 did run approx.
3922 bytecodes before locking up on MacOS, due to a disagreement between Ian
and MacOS what the "right" stack frame is (of course, Ian is right and MacOS
is wrong...)

Doing the exception modifications would require several changes in the j3
and right now we want to look at porting j3 to a number of key platforms. So
I wouldn't bet on the exception modifications in the immediate future.

  - Andreas