Jitter 3.1 available for PowerMac (MacOS and Linux)

Andres Valloud avalloud at exobox.com
Thu Nov 16 17:43:27 UTC 2000

Hi.

> When I was building for MacOS-X-Server, I found that the gnuified
> version was actually slower than the non-gnuified one (both compiled
> for PPC with Apple gcc).  Both seemed significantly slower than the
> CodeWarrior-compiled versions for plain MacOS, much to my chagrin...
>
> Maybe I should get the code-warrior command-line compiler and try that.

FWIW:

For x86 processors, there's PGCC. I did some comparisons with a
non-gnuified VM between gcc and pgcc. I ran all that in Linux. Fiddling
with parameters, I got the PGCC version to run between 5 and 10% faster.

After gnuification, I have not been able to get pgcc to produce a faster
VM than gcc. But of course, I am not a gcc expert either.

Andres.