Request for mail archive jocks and other packrats

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon Nov 27 04:08:23 UTC 2000

Folks -

Several years ago, someone wrote to this list asking how to draw a map of the US from polygon descriptions, and I sent back a message that showed how to do it in morphic, and I believe I distributed a copy of his database converted to the simple format required.

I seem to have lost all record of this exchange except for the simple doit below which still works just fine.

If you saved the file of coordinates for the US, or know how to get it, would you please send me a copy (and maybe CC the list so everyone doesn't go rummaging)?

Thanks in advance

	- Dan

--------------------
| spec state |
spec := #(1863 383
1875 375
1883 383
1879 396
1883 400
1900 417
1913 413
1904 400
1908 400
1917 417
1896 425
1892 421
1883 429
1883 421
1867 413
1854 417
1804 425
1804 396
1817 392
1829 392
1863 383
).
state := PolygonMorph vertices: (spec pairsCollect: [:x :y | x at y])
		 color: Color green borderWidth: 1 borderColor: Color black.
World addMorph: (state position: 100 at 100)