New Mac VM 2.9Alpha5

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Nov 30 21:22:32 UTC 2000

>How are you doing?  Does the below VM work with Mac OS
>X Beta or has it been Carbonized?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>-Conrad

Well it does of course run under Classic under Mac OS X. It mostly is
carbonized, but lacks the serial io support and sound support. I do
see now that Apple has posted some examples of serial i/o. Yes it's
just unix.. but hunting through the /dev directory looking for
/dev/modem seems a bit tacky.

Now if I just can convince myself to creak open the door of redoing
the double buffered sound we'll be set.

Wasn't someone working on a unix version of serial i/o?

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6