jpython anyone?

russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Thu Nov 23 05:54:40 UTC 2000

Dan Ingalls <Dan.Ingalls at disney.com> wrote:
> >The trick in most of these systems is not how hard it is for the
> >system to recognize a restricted English syntax, but how hard is it
> >for a random human to learn to write in the restricted syntax.
>
> Yep.  Ah, those random humans.  As a friend of mine used to say,
> that's the "crux of the biscuit."
>
> 	- D

We have the advantage of using lawyers rather then humans to create our
rules :)

Seriously, we are aiming to reduce the knowledge aquisition bottleneck
in creating legal expert systems by providing a syntax which is as close
as possible to that subset of standard English which is used in writing
(Australian) legislation.

The idea is that the people who will be writing the rules will already
know most of the restrictions on the English syntax that they will have
to follow.

cheers,

Russell

Russell Allen