Stability opf Squeak on Linux

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Nov 13 10:11:45 UTC 2000

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Rob Withers wrote:

> Do you know how I can stop surpressing core generation on some linux
> machines?

Should be "ulimit -c <size>" in sh and "limit coredumpsize <size>" in
csh. But the superuser can set hard limits that a user cannot change. As
superuser you can change it via "limit -h coredumpsize <size>"

> I see I had problems with old-style Listen for older images.

Me too. My PWS-server (sqfixes, a 2.2 image) just stopped serving after a
few minutes. The latest sqUnixNetwork.c I got from Ian solved this. But
this weekend it stopped again after serving for some weeks - without any
error. The image is not even freezing. I just eval
	PWS serveOnPort: 8080 loggingTo: 'log.txt'
and it's serving fine.

-- Bert