Squeak for Pocket PostPet

Kazuhiro ABE pg3k-ab at asahi-net.or.jp
Sun Oct 29 05:57:15 UTC 2000

Hi,

I ported Squeak to NTT DoCoMo's Pocket PostPet(aka Popope).
Popope is a Japanese PDA that is made for PostPet only.

http://www.so-net.ne.jp/pocket/
(in Japanese)

PostPet is a mailer that used a pet(bear, rabbit, cat, etc.) as an agent.
It is very popular in Japan.

http://www.ap.sonystyle.com/postpet/
(in English)

Popope has VR4121A CPU and Windows CE 2.12J as embedded OS.  But it
cannot run any applications for PsPC and H/PC usually. It does not have
standard Windows GUI.

But Zoroyoshi-san found the loophole. AutoRun.exe at \Multimedia
Card\CE\R4100 is executed at the same time as inserting the MMC.

http://www.softclub.co.jp/~zoro/popo/program.html
(in Japanese)

And Kurahara-san showed information to build VM with Microsoft eMbedded
Visual Tools 3.0.

So I can build a VM for Popope.

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/abee/PopopeSqueak.ZIP

AutoRun.exe must be at \Multimedia Card\CE\R4100.
mini.image must be at \Multimedia Card.
mini.changes must be at \Multimedia Card.

I think that Popope is a world smallest Squeak machine with color screen
and keyboard.

--
Kazuhiro Abe
abee.abe at nifty.ne.jp