Morph debugging tips / tricks?

Mike Rutenberg mdr at scn.org
Wed Oct 4 08:11:43 UTC 2000

I face two related problems in debugging morphs.

With MVC I can press interrupt to see what is executing at a given time,
and don't see a dynamic equivalent in Morphic.  How do people handle
this, if at all?

The other is that when I make a mistake, for instance infinite recursion
in an stepTime function, there seems to be no good way of interrupting
it.  When I press interrupt, I get a debugger, but my morph keeps on
stepping.

More generaly, does anyone have a book of tricks for debugging morphs?

Thanks!

Mike