Celeste with German Umlaute

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Oct 30 09:41:57 UTC 2000

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Bernhard Pieber wrote:

> Are there any German Celeste users who have already added support for
> Umlaute?

I started doing that a while ago, but got distracted. The mac/iso
conversion was easy - just convert to mac-roman when setting the the text
in the composition window, and converting to iso8859-1 when submitting. A
little harder was getting the index right. I think I did it when loading
the index from file - String>>decodeMimeHeader was helpful. I gave up when
I tried to get the MIME encoding and word wrapping right ... I'll try to
find the changeset when I get home tonight.

-- Bert