Squeak 2.7 now working on HP Jornada 548

Yasuhiro Kurahara kurahara at kobe.hp.com
Thu Oct 26 00:21:37 UTC 2000

Hi!

Good news; Squeak 2.7 SH3 version is now working on HP Jornada 548
pretty well.

This is a story to make it.

I got a Jornada in the beginning of this month. I tried to make the
Squeak run on it. It looks like work. I met, however, defects when
I open a workspace, a browser, etc. I investigated, so that I had
a doubt of definition about platform dependent float conversion macros.
I reported to Andreas since I didn't have an development environment
to build a CE program.

Two days ago, a Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 I ordered arraived.
I set it up and tried to build a version based on Andreas' Squeak27Bld8Src.
Many compile errors and warnings were returned. I made patches adequately
and got an executable version. It worked and I verified the same
defects there.

Next, I added the following definition into sqWin.h and rebuild to
make another version. The version worked. I see no problems in opening
a workspace, and a browser. Very fine.

#ifdef _SH3_
#	undef  DOUBLE_WORD_ALIGNMENT
#	define  DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER
#endif

Also, there are on defects on the following operations for a float value;

aFloat rounded
aFloat truncated
aFloat hex

A problem I see is the title bar is on the top of the screen and hide
the top of Squeak's screen. This may be one of CE 3.0 related things.

Anyway, I'm happy now.

Kurahara