FFI Question on Linux

johneb47 at optushome.com.au johneb47 at optushome.com.au
Tue Oct 24 08:22:20 UTC 2000

On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 06:31:13PM -0700, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> As kevin noted, he had to rebuild the VM to ge the ffi plugin built; so
> far as I can understand the makefiles that is because Ian explicitly
> removes the plugin from the build list; his comment is:-
> " # damage containment: never, ever build internal FFI plugin "

<------------------SNIP---------------------->

Thanks for your advice Tim even if you had to repeat it for it to be
acknowledged.

When I inspected the SqueakFFIPrims.c file generated for squeak2.8pre4 I
discovered it to be configured for an internal module.

Therefore the configure --enable-ffi=yes was the only way for it to get it
 working.

I followed your instructions and created an external module and recompiled the
program. I now have been able to get the FFI module to work.

Thanks again

John Briggs