Win32 build troubles

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Thu Oct 26 00:26:21 UTC 2000

Helge,

> Build environment #1:  NT4SP5, mingw-crtdll, gcc 2.95.2-1,
> cygwin-gawk 3.0.3.
>
> VM builds out-of-the-box, but SIGSEGVs on NT when reading
> image (my guess, right after file chooser).

Do you get a crash.dmp log?! Also, do you have an "crash monitoring
software" or similar running?! I know that there have been spurios problems
with some of those, due to a workaround I had to do for the lacking SEH
support in mingw. The problem is that mingw doesn't really support SEH so
(for using virtual memory) I have to install an UnhandledExceptionFilter
(which is available directly through the Win32 API) but some of this
software replaces the filter to catch exceptions in other applications
(argh!). You may try to compile the VM with -DNO_VIRTUAL_MEMORY and see if
that works.

> I'm at my wit's end for today.  Could successful win32 VM
> builders please outline their setup?

gcc-2.95, gawk-3.0.3, make-3.76.1

  - Andreas