Squeak Bug Fixing Party at OOPSLA Camp Smalltalk

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Oct 11 06:34:53 UTC 2000

I recently added a new project entitled "Squeak Bug Fixing Party" to the
Camp Smalltalk @ OOPSLA wiki page.

My thought was that this would be an ideal project for Camp Smalltalk @
OOPSLA, since people would be coming and going a lot more than at a
typical Camp Smalltalk, and bug fixing doesn't require as long an
attention span as a larger project might.  The basic idea is that a
small group of people could be working on refactoring and fixing
longtime bugs and problems with Squeak, based on a list of known
problems.  Part of the fun of this will be meeting fellow Squeakers, and
showing each other our development tips and tools as we work.

Anyone on this list who is attending OOPSLA is free to participate, just
stop by the Camp area for awhile and join in.  (Assuming there is enough
room at any given moment... if you're really interested, it would help
if you sign up at the Camp Smalltalk wiki at
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/Camp+Smalltalk+%40+OOPSLA .)

For more details and an initial list of bugs/problems, see the wiki page:
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/Squeak+Bug+Fixing+Party .

If there's a particular longtime bug or refactoring that you'd like to
tackle with the help of some fellow Squeakers, add it to the list above,
and stop by the Camp!  (And there are other worthwhile projects going on
at the Camp, see the first link above.)

The Bug Fixing Party has already been discussed a little on the Camp
Smalltalk list, but additional comments are welcome...

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com
  RiskMetrics Group - Ann Arbor, MI
  http://www.riskmetrics.com