Squeak on MacOS X

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Oct 3 17:49:02 UTC 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Karl Ramberg wrote:

> Wouldn't this be a good time to spread the word to the emerging
> MacOS X community. Those poor people don't have too much to play with
> at the moment ( www.xappeal.org/apps/ ) and a free and fun
> thing as Squeak could live up their desktop...
> I emailed to the site abow to tell them Squeak is ported (cocoa and soon
> carbon)
> to MacOS X but what more can we do ?

Does FFI work on the Mac OS X version yet?  I'm wanting to do some
out-calling, but haven't tried it yet.

What more?  Get the Cocoa version spruced up.  Perhaps the whigginess of
the display has to do with CoreGraphics, but that would be a plus if it
worked better.  What else?  Perhaps we need to get that non-linear video
editor working on X... ;)

Aaron