printString and "not indexable"???

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Sat Oct 21 15:53:42 UTC 2000

>I added a printString method to my Event class.  When I tried to
>use the 'explore' method to peruse an object containing a Heap (of
>events), I get the message that "Event is not indexable".  Why?

John -

You will get more help from this list if you paste the contents of SqueakDebug.log into such an error report.

Sounds like the explore code or print code sent at: to one of your events.  Look higher up the stack to see why this might have happened.  Is there something about your Event class that would lead the explorer or Object.printOn: to think that it is indexable?

	- Dan