STILL MORE: Squeak becomes (almost) autistic???

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Fri Oct 27 17:53:50 UTC 2000

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:39:37 -0500 jchludzinski at worldkey.net wrote:
>After placing 't _ Time millisecondsToRun:[]' around the code in
>the infinite loops (in the #receivingRun and #sendingRun) what
>happens is that initially the sends and receives were taking 50-90
>millisesonds and later 200-600 milliseconds and finally 900-1600
>milliseconds.
>
>Any thoughts???

John,

The next questions would be:

- the receiving end appears to wait for one second after processing a message. Is that right? Is that intentional?

- is the increased time in
-- pre-connect processing?
-- connecting?
-- actually sending?
-- closing the socket?

- on the receiving end, what happens when a message is received? I saw that you updated your model with the new data. Can this trigger redrawing that may become more and more complex?

- is this still 2 squeaks on one Linux box?

Cheers,
Bob