[updates] 14 for 2.9alpha
Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Tue Oct 3 03:03:23 UTC 2000
Herewith another 14 updates. Many small fixes and enhancements. Included are 5 Celeste goodies from the summer, as approved by Daniel Vainsencher and Mike Rutenberg. Update #2756 is dedicated to Ned Konz and his AttachmentMorph project.
2750saveTheSource-raa -- Bob Arning -- 30 September 2000
- restore code that was lost for a while to preserve the source for CompiledMethods exported in an ImageSegment where the sourcePointer had been set. Otherwise, the receiving system may get real confused as to the source for that method."
2751fixUncovered-raa -- Bob Arning -- 1 October 2000
- a bit of a hack to squelch those 'Error: this collection is empty' that TextMorphs seem to produce from time to time when asked #uncoveredAt:"
2752projectGoof-raa -- Bob Arning -- 1 October 2000
- fix confusion in parsing project file name where version and suffix were interchanged
- fix an overlooked direct enumerator of Projects"
2753DropShadowHeadingFix-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 1 October 2000
Repairs the control of heading and rotation center where dropShadows are involved, in a manner that is reasonably consistent with the new heading protocols. The main problem had been that renderedMorph, which is used by the halo to set heading, goes down through dropShadows as well as transformations, so we needed a new protocol (degreesOfFlex) to return heading back up through such a chain."
2754ftpDateFix-raa -- Bob Arning -- 30 September 2000
- correct parsing of dates received from an ftp server"
2755newScript3-raa -- Bob Arning -- 2 October 2000
- some fixes for positioning and sizing of flaps in pasteups that are not the world (i.e. that can be resized and positioned at other than 0 at 0)"
2756ArrowTweaks-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 2 October 2000
Adds a facility to control the appearance of arrowheads on morphic lines. Both length and width of the arrowheads can be controlled, and two styles of arrowhead are now supported.
Also, arrowheads now end strictly at the end vertices of their line. This allows one to change line width or arrow size without having to reposition the line to meet an adjacent object.
Finally a modicum of help is now provided during operation of the arrowhead control as well as the similar border width control.
2757psBold-raa -- Bob Arning -- 2 October 2000
- allow change of styles within one line of text as postscript. temporarily (or longer, perhaps) defeats test justification on such lines"
2758SubjectFiltering-dv -- Daniel Vainsencher -- 1 July 2000
cmd-s in the toc list turns on Subj. F.
Entering an empty filter turns it off.
Subject filter made tolerant of extra spaces.
In short, it's now easier to read whole threads."
2759PluggableSetDict-dv -- Daniel Vainsencher -- 11 June 2000
The pluggable classes are now not initialized with blocks, and assume
the regular =/hash definitions. This supports specializing precisely
what part of the behavior you want without paying for the block
invocations for both behaviors."
2760CelesteTweaksFixes-mdr -- Mike Rutenberg (mdr at scn.org) -- 16 August 2000
(1) emptyTrash will no longer remove messages from database if they are also in another category. This avoids surprises when you have filed a message in two categories, delete one, and then empty the trash.
(2) Fixes a recently introduced bug in Celeste moveAgain where the message was removed from the current category but never added to the proper destination category.
(3) Small cleanups
Removes two unused methods (Celeste hasUsername: and MailDB delete:)
Renames a recently included method (updateToc) that differed only in capitalization from an existing method
(4) Clear the password when the POP username is changed
2761CelesteAddAttachment-mdr -- Mike Rutenberg -- 31 August 2000
This was the message whose attachment was unnamed because of
another Celeste bug."
2762CelesteIndex-beo -- Bruce O'Neel -- 25 June 2000
On the mac the EMAIL.index.log file behaves a bit incorrectly. First
it stays around after Celeste is closed, and second if you close Celeste
and then open Celeste again quickly, before a GC, the file is still
open and the mac gets indigestion when you try to open a file which
is open. This change set just makes sure the indexlog is closed."
More information about the Squeak-dev