Cocoa-CORBA? (Was Re: CORBA for Squeak

Pennell, David DPennell at quallaby.com
Thu Oct 19 00:53:10 UTC 2000

Take a look at the OpenTalk beta that comes with VW/VWNC.  They
have implemented distributed inspectors, events, models on top
of CORBA.  You see little or no CORBA.  There is a pretty decent
manual in PDF format.

I'm not a CORBA expert either, but if I'm reading the DST manuals
right, you don't have to write any IDL if you want to talk Smalltalk
to Smalltalk.  If you do want to support cross language, you can
generate IDS from your classes.  I think I would rather write IDL
than a DTD...

-david