Squeak Bug Fixing Party at OOPSLA Camp Smalltalk

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Oct 11 10:21:40 UTC 2000

This is a good idea I like that.

It could be good to see if the improvement that henryk made
to introduce a regsitration mechanism into the FileList could be worked there
too.
This way some problems of the major shrink wrong references
would be handled as well.

I hope that the Squeak World Tour people (john and joseph in particular)
will be there too.

> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:34:53 -0500
> From: Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com>
> Subject: Squeak Bug Fixing Party at OOPSLA Camp Smalltalk
> To: squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
>

> I recently added a new project entitled "Squeak Bug Fixing Party" to the
> Camp Smalltalk @ OOPSLA wiki page.
>
> My thought was that this would be an ideal project for Camp Smalltalk @
> OOPSLA, since people would be coming and going a lot more than at a
> typical Camp Smalltalk, and bug fixing doesn't require as long an
> attention span as a larger project might.  The basic idea is that a
> small group of people could be working on refactoring and fixing
> longtime bugs and problems with Squeak, based on a list of known
> problems.  Part of the fun of this will be meeting fellow Squeakers, and
> showing each other our development tips and tools as we work.
>
> Anyone on this list who is attending OOPSLA is free to participate, just
> stop by the Camp area for awhile and join in.  (Assuming there is enough
> room at any given moment... if you're really interested, it would help
> if you sign up at the Camp Smalltalk wiki at
> http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/Camp+Smalltalk+%40+OOPSLA .)
>
> For more details and an initial list of bugs/problems, see the wiki page:
> http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/Squeak+Bug+Fixing+Party .
>
> If there's a particular longtime bug or refactoring that you'd like to
> tackle with the help of some fellow Squeakers, add it to the list above,
> and stop by the Camp!  (And there are other worthwhile projects going on
> at the Camp, see the first link above.)
>
> The Bug Fixing Party has already been discussed a little on the Camp
> Smalltalk list, but additional comments are welcome...
>
> - Doug Way
>   dway at riskmetrics.com
>   RiskMetrics Group - Ann Arbor, MI
>   http://www.riskmetrics.com

Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch) http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/

University of Bern, Institut fuer informatik and Mathematik
IAM-SCG, 10 neubruckstrasse, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.