Squeak becomes (almost) autistic???

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Oct 26 15:44:25 UTC 2000

John,

Some questions occur:

1. Could the number of Processes be growing beyond reason? You could try something like this to keep an eye on things:

(UpdatingStringMorph on: Process selector: #instanceCount)
	font: ((TextStyle default fontOfSize: 24) emphasized: 1);
	stepTime: 1000;
	openInWorld

2. Could you give an example of what the Processes are doing when they are not waiting? While each may wait for 2 seconds at the end of each loop, if there is significant processing in the loop, then some number of such processes will combine to use all available cpu resources.

3. What priority are the processes?

Cheers,
Bob