Setting up problem

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue Oct 31 16:16:39 UTC 2000

Simple question:

Is sound enabled under Squeak?  Since you're running Gnome I suspect that
you've also got ESD running as well...this hogs the sound device and
as a result, Squeak will appear to 'hang' since it can't access the sound
device.

(The same is true for KDE2 users running artsd...however you can promote
squeak to use artsd with the artsdsp hack...but this has other side-effects
as well.)