latest image/patchlevel which can generate VM sources for win32?

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Tue Oct 24 10:05:04 UTC 2000

Hi--

	I'd like to do some VM-level debugging on win32. What's the latest
image/patchlevel that can generate VM sources for win32?

	It seems that the latest win32 source release (2.7 build 8,
http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab/squeak/src/Squeak27Bld8Src.zip)
yields a debugging VM which is significantly slower, apparently because
the release doesn't include sources for most of the plugins (e.g.,
BitBltPlugin). When I do full source generation from a current image
(which seems to be 2.9a2774), I get sources which are incompatible with
the platform-dependent sources (e.g., ioFindExternalFunctionIn() is
called from sqNamedPrims.c, but not defined anywhere).

	Help? :)

	thanks,

-C

p.s. The thing I want to debug is... when I link a third-party library
into an external plugin DLL, the VM will no longer load it.

--
Craig Latta
composer and computer scientist
craig.latta at netjam.org