[HELP] Bouncing ball problem

Jochen F. Rick nadja at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 6 21:01:13 UTC 2000

Hello Adam,

I think it isn't infinite. It's just really long.
The first time you do '0 to 29' thing, you get a half bounce. 'path :=
path, path reversed' gives you a full bounce.

When you do it the second time, path is 1.5 bounces after the '0 to 29'
thing. 'path := path, path reversed' give you 3 bounces.

Third time, 3.5 => 7 bounces

Fourth time, 7.5 => 15 bounces

Fifth time, 15.5 => 31 bounces

Sixth time, 31.5 => 63 bounces

You can fix this in several ways. One way to change this might be call
the first full bounce just a bounce. Then, you could do

 path := OrderedCollection new.
 1 to: 5 do: [:i | path := path, bounce].

Note the 1 instead of the 0 (0 to 5 would give you 6 iterations).

Peace and Luck!

Je77