Starting up the Image Processing Toolkit

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Fri Oct 20 17:59:30 UTC 2000

Mark Guzdial wrote:

> I love the screenshots of Juan's new Image Processing Toolkit, and
> I'm willing to deal with the slowness of no plugin yet just to play
> with it, but I'm having a hard time getting started.  I get the
> ImageViewMorph up no problem, but when I type in a filename (in the
> Squeak folder) or a full path, set the file type, and choose Load,
> nothing happens.  What's the procedure for getting an image into the
> toolkit?

On the New line: select the type of image you want to work with: Int32,
Float32 or
Unsigned8. I'm not totaly sure what they meen but I guess it's the bit
depth :-)
Next on the same line you set the images with and heigth with the x: and
y: .
The image you load later will not scale, just crop or fill black !
Last is the planes: this I have guessed is the color channels like RBG.
At least I have put 3 there and gotten up colored images.
Next you press the new button.

After a while depending on your computer a black rectangel will appear.

Then you select on the Load line: the image type, should be easy.
In the next field you put the name of the image eg: nameOfImage.jpg.
I have put the image in the same directory/ folder as the VM and
SqueakImage and
then it loads without any path description, just the name.

If your as lucky as me the image will appear after some time. Then
you are ready to play with the Calc New stuff. This is dreadfully slow on
my aging mac ( 10 minutes for noise to a 160x120 pixel image).
Hope someone nice will compile the plugin so I can experiment
some more. Hint Hint :-)

Hope this helps. If anybody know something I don't please tell :-)

Karl